If Mrs. T
. is doing it, then it must be cool! (However, I do feel rather uncool for "tagging myself" but my lack of bloggable
topics has made me get over it.)
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags! Gift bags are the best thing to happen to the terminally lazy (read: Me) since Lean Cuisines.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. I do love the smell of real ones, but since it's taken me a few years to talk Mr. J. into any tree period, I'll take what I can get.
3. When do you put up the tree? Um, I haven't had one long enough to really establish that. This year it was the first weekend in December.
4. When do you take the tree down? If Mr. J. had his druthers, it would be taken down Christmas night. As it is, last year I think we kept it up until New Year.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes! I love it, love it, love it. Although Starbucks Eggnog latte is a big fat disappointment.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I'm embarrassed to admit this, but it was Merlin
, the electronic wizard. Now I don't even remember how it worked or what I liked about it.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No. I don't know why. Am I even allowed to celebrate Christmas now?
8. Hardest person to buy for? It depends on your logic. You could probably say Mr. J. is easy to buy for since the only thing he ever asks for is Diet Pepsi and M&Ms. (Yes, I know. This is all kinds of pathetic.) Although this year he did come up with the oven mitt request. (See previous post.) How hard can it be to go out and buy some Diet Pepsi and M&Ms? It's not hard, but it sure is lame and kind of depressing. One year I gave him a sterling silver monogrammed key chain. He asked if I had included his middle initial. Well, of course I did. Too bad, because now he couldn't give it to his dad. He just doesn't like "stuff."
9. Easiest person to buy for? This is awful and selfish and hateful and probably not how one is supposed to answer this question but . . . . myself!! Everyone else - very difficult!!
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever got? Did I get a Chia Pet? I can't remember. Something that you could only order from a television commercial.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Real, old-fashioned, snail-mail with stamp Christmas cards. I hope that is one thing technology never ruins completely.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I do love Elf, but Love, Actually is a very close second.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When I absolutely have to. This year I started before Thanksgiving (online only) which is very rare for me. I think I actually said, "I'm going to try and be someone else this year."
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I know I have, but I don't know what. (Wow. I'm really sucking at this meme. Sorry.)
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Oh, gosh. This is another tough one. You know what? I'm going to say "The thing I don't like to eat at Christmas", because that's easier. I don't like "office Christmas cookies" that everyone seems to bring to the office. You know the kind -you get them in a giant tin, and they're all the same exact dough and flavor, but in different shapes - sometimes they have sprinkles and sometimes they don't, but they are just about the dumbest thing ever on which to waste your holiday calories.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Can I say both? I'm going to say both. Together. At the same time. All crazy-like.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Traditional: O Holy Night. Modern: It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year. Least favorite? I have to copy Mrs. T.'s answer for this one: That damn Christmas Shoes song. I can't think of another song I hate more - not just at Christmas but all year long!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I don't think I've ever really had to "travel" at Christmas unless you count a 3 hour drive, which I don't. For this I am truly grateful.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Why, yes. Isn't that a requirement for third grade graduation?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have a cream-colored ceramic star with the word Believe spelled out in gold lettering. Very tasteful and much too classy for the likes of us.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both. Christmas Eve was always for my mom's side of the family (and now it is for Mr. J's). Christmas morning was for my dad's side of the family (and now it's for mine!) Really the best of both worlds, I think.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Not having willpower to say no to cookies and treats 24/7 and knowing that by January 1 none of your jeans will fit.
23. What I love most about Christmas? This Christmas is a little bittersweet, as many of the traditions I had growing up are winding down as our families grow and change. While I look forward to starting new traditions, right now what I love most about Christmas is remembering past Christmases.
Labels: Random Stuff About Me