Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Levity and Brevity

While grading a paper today, I read this sentence:

The man had an undecided testicle.

I was dying to write, "So, the testicle didn't know whether it was going to 'hang out' or 'stay in'?"

I am proud to say, I managed to restrain myself.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Liberal Banana said...

I suppose a testicle can't have too many decisions to make, eh?

"Should I order takeout or cook something myself tonight?"

October 03, 2006 6:43 AM  
Blogger Eris said...

What I'm having trouble with is trying to figure out what this sentence should have said. He had an undescended testicle? An underloved, undervalued, unliked testicle? Perhaps the testicle should visit a counselor and not take its problems to your class. Hmmmm.

October 03, 2006 10:58 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Ever since I read this I haven't been able to get The Clash's "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" out of my head.

October 03, 2006 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess we know why the pollsters have trouble counting undecideds now.

October 03, 2006 1:27 PM  
Blogger Mrs. T said...

I HATE a testicle that can't make up its damn mind!I mean, is it part of the male reproductive system, or not?

October 03, 2006 4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bahahah!

Sorry, but I wouldn't have been able to restrain myself.

Thankyou for the giggle. Reading about other teachers and their work always cheers me up.

Aly

October 03, 2006 4:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

As a member of the sex that has those (testicles) I must say that they don't make a whole heap of decisions. I mean, here and there I'll give them the opportunity to speak their minds, but generally they know what they want. I can't say they've ever been stuck on something. They're not made to be fence-sitters.

Imagine the possibilities. If only some decisions were easier...

October 03, 2006 7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you know...

Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't.

October 04, 2006 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home