Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Oh, the Humanity!

Alternate title: You know it's time to seriously consider shutting down your blog when the following search brought some very unfortunate person to your site:

Warts on anus look like Nerds candy.

Oy Vey Gevalt on a Stick!!!!!!

What the FUCK is wrong with people?!?!

And yes. I know that if the freak show parade wasn't already marchin' right through Teacher Lady Town, they sure as hell are now, thanks to me typing out that Google search in its horrifying entirety.

Here is what I (someone who is supposed to be a "sex educator" and hence, not easily shocked) want to know: If you have warts on your anus, does it MATTER what they look like? I mean, seriously. Dude. (Or Dudette.) Genital warts can be transmitted anally. I've seen more than a few cases in every single textbook review copy I've ever gotten (Thank you, textbook publisher people. I paid you boatloads of money during my undergraduate years and this is what I have to show for it now. Pictures of genital warts. Gee, you shouldn't have!) and again I ask you: Genital warts, anal warts, any kinda warts - who CARES what they look like!? Run for the hills and get those suckers frozen off, right!?

I thought I was scared for our future. I didn't know a damn thing about scared, people. Now I'm scared. If you need me, I'll be under my bed. With some Vicodin and a fuzzy blanket.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

I don't even know what to say but that made my laugh really hard. What post did that lead the searcher to?

January 09, 2007 11:53 AM  
Blogger Moobs said...

Goodness only knows what THAT entry is going to unleash on your site google-wise.

January 09, 2007 3:52 PM  
Blogger Mrs. T said...

I'm just glad you said "boatloads" instead of "buttloads", which is what I usually say. Given the context, that would have been just wrong.
People are sick.

January 09, 2007 4:57 PM  
Blogger Art Nerd Lauren said...

Seriously, get thyself to a doctor instead of comparing your lesions to various foods!

January 09, 2007 10:43 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

I, too, am curious about which post describes anal warts that look like Nerds. Nerds? I will never look at those candies the same way again. Thanks, internet!

I'm personally disturbed by all the searches for "fucking 4 year old sister" (or some variation on that string) that lead to a post on my blog with a photo of my two daughters and a celebration of my relationship with my own sisters. Lovely!

January 10, 2007 10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will never look at a box of Nerds the same way again. LOL!

January 10, 2007 10:48 AM  
Blogger boo said...

OH my lord. LOL I get some people directed to my blog from some pretty strange google searches too. it makes you wonder how in the hell your blog came up in the search.

January 10, 2007 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home