Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Because I Think I Have the Flu

Another meme. May post later today if I find exactly the right medication - so far, no luck. I have crazy-bad chills, a seriously debilitating headache and to top it all off, the non-fatal but near-fatally annoying nose-running-like-a-faucet thing going on. I actually canceled class today, which is a first.

To keep you entertained until I find the right pusher:

13 Things I Find Pretty Disgusting

  1. The very concept of eating at Red Lobster
  2. Rodents as pets
  3. Keg beer
  4. Courtney Love
  5. Walking barefoot in hotel rooms
  6. Hot dogs (I can eat bratwurst, but only if I force myself NOT to think about the whole bratwurst-making process. Beer helps me do this.)
  7. People making out in public
  8. Mullets
  9. Fairs – county – state – whatever. Hate ‘em. The smell alone could raise the dead. Hey – that might explain a lot of the “people” you see at a fair, though. Maybe they’re really the un-dead.
  10. Michael Douglas and Katherine Zeta-Jones, um, reproducing. (Shudder)
  11. Overflowing ashtrays
  12. Fraternity houses (if memory serves)
  13. Most airport restrooms

Now it's your turn! Come on, everybody! Join in the "it wanna makes me hurl" circle of fun.

4 Comments:

Blogger Liberal Banana said...

I am with you on every single one except for #1. I've only eaten at Red Lobster three times before but I have two words for you: cheese biscuits.

Things that I find disgusting: flushing with the toilet seat up (the spray! the spray!); people who eat any of the following: chitlins, tripe, pigs feet, pretty much any "non-common" meat product; when I see children touch anything on the train and then stick their hands in their mouths; and when someone's second toe is longer than their big toe. (I know it's normal, but I just find it creepy. It's just like...too long.)

April 27, 2006 2:01 PM  
Blogger Antique Mommy said...

I second your entire list, especially fairs and hotel rooms. Yuck.

April 27, 2006 7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, I am sorry you are so miserable. Hope that gets better by the weekend.

I am totally with you on #2 - Hamsters, EW.

Other things that make me hurl....The REALLY smelly people on the bus. I mean I feel bad for them too, since they are homeless, but sometimes I have to get off the bus it's so bad.

April 27, 2006 11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did the meme on my blog. Day late and all that, but it's up. Have a good weekend!

~Carrie

April 28, 2006 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home