Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

My Mom Spent a Boatload of Money at the Vet



And all I got were these stupid muscle relaxers.

On top of everything else, the Biting Wonderdog has become the Limping . . . Limperdog? Last week, after a night of restful snoozin' in her crate, she emerged with her tail wagging high and her right hind leg curled up, paw not touching the floor. After a week of watching her run quickly and impressively on 3 legs, I decided I was just a bad dog owner if I let this continue merely because I thought it was a great party trick.

Yesterday, I got her an emergency appointment at the vet. Biting Wonderdog, it would seem, has stretched her ACL (who knew?) and is now on the dog version of "bed rest" AND a nice drug cocktail of muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatories.

Does it say anything at all about how upset I was last night over Inappropriate Sister that I was contemplating trying out the dog muscle relaxers? After all, they seemed to work wonders for BWD. Look at her, wearing that crappy faded curtain without a care in the world!

Note: We do not live in a wooden shack. We are not rednecks (not that there's anything wrong with that.) We have gutted our living room and kitchen. New floor is to be delivered next week (please, gob) and I will FINALLY have a refrigerator NOT in the living room, but on the front porch where it belongs.

6 Comments:

Blogger Liberal Banana said...

I was like, "Wow, TL already has 3 comments and she posted this in the last hour or so...Oh wait - they're all Colorado Dale." Ha!

Poor MTLL. I'm sure a stretched ACL doesn't feel good. How the hell does a dog do that??

Along those same lines, Boyfriend was playing his baseball Playstation game recently and told me that while making his player run furiously to second base, the player tore his calf muscle. Don't ask me how a video game figures this stuff out.

April 19, 2006 12:53 PM  
Blogger Jess Riley said...

Minnie is so damn cute. Hope her leg feels better soon! I'm being a bad dog owner lately because Daisy needs a serious brushing and I've just been combing her hair with my fingers while she sits on my lap. Plus, her teeth are nasty. Time for a dental cleaning appt at the vet!

April 20, 2006 1:08 PM  
Blogger Antique Mommy said...

!) Crappy faded curtains are in, in some circles, but Millie looks better in them than Bjork. 2) I know from experience that you can't overestimate how much you will spend on your dog. And 3) Party tricks? - very funny!

April 20, 2006 8:50 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

I am new to your blog (by way of Effected)and I just love your posts, I will have to take time to look back in your archives to catch up. ACL strains are not an uncommon injury in very active breeds. Good luck keeping the little devil on "bed rest"!

April 20, 2006 9:17 PM  
Blogger Teacher lady said...

Welcome, Kat! Thanks for stopping by. Yes, keeping Minnie on "bed rest" has already been an exercise in frustration for both of us. Minnie has certainly had an opportunity to use her "crying" muscles, that's for sure.

April 20, 2006 10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, can I get the number of your vet. For my..cat. Yes, that's it. For my CAT. Wouldn't need those muscle relaxers for myself, no siree...

(am laughing at your redneck references.)

April 21, 2006 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home