Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

More fun than "Practice Writing Field Notes!"

And because Liberal Banana said so, I give you my short edition of Facts (Lite)

Four jobs you have had in your life:
"Sweeperette" at amusement park
"Gift Wrapper" at department store (only during holidays!)
"Retail whatever" and the list of stores, she is long! Conclusion: All retail will suck your soul right out of you!
"Salad/Pizza maker" at cute trendy restaurant. It was 15 years ago, and I'm still traumatized just thinking about it. I lasted less than 2 weeks!

Four movies you would watch over and over (in no specific order):
1. Can't Hardly Wait (excellent soundtrack and LOVE Seth Green!)
2. Chicago
3. Kramer vs. Kramer
4. Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Groundbreaking genius!)

Four TV shows you love to watch:
1. Gilmore Girls (I wish I invented it!)
2. Any "E! True Hollywood Story" - it's candy for your mind!
3. America's Next Top Model - it's a trainwreck you can't stop staring at!
4. What Not to Wear

Four websites I visit daily:
1. Yahoo! Mail/School mail
2. Alan Guttmacher Institute (I'm boring. And I always have to be armed with recent statistics to defend myself against inappropriate sister.)
3. Awful Plastic Surgery
4. Everyone on my blogroll (sorry, that's way more than 1)

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Wine
2. Champagne
3. Red Bull & Vodka
4. Coffee.
5. Beverages do so count as "food."

Four places I would rather be right now (I'm actually at home in my beautiful office that my husband and IKEA built for me, so I'm pretty happy, but if I have to write something else):
1. The Sheraton Moana Surfrider in Waikiki
2. The Plaza in NYC
3. Nordstrom's?
4. In Minneapolis with my extended family

Four things I always carry with me:
1. Burt's Bees Lip Balm. This cold climate is VERY drying!
2. Cell Phone (I swear, for emergency purposes only!)
3. Sunglasses (I guess I'm an optimist)
4. ReNu Rewetting Drops (Gosh, except for the cell phone, I sound like someone's grandmother!)

Your turn! (or not.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Sharon L. Holland said...

Okay. I did it on mine.

March 21, 2006 8:26 PM  
Blogger Liberal Banana said...

Ooh, good ones. I should've said "Wine" (x4) and "Contact lens rewetting drops" too!

Thanks for playing along!

March 22, 2006 8:08 AM  
Blogger Bobita said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog!

I'm really enjoying your blog. I loved the tale about occupational hazards! I teach clinical/counseling classes...oh, the stories I hear about my students' families!! Yikes!

March 22, 2006 10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from a fellow gift wrapper.

This was my first job, at I. Magnin. There should be a special place in hell for little old ladies in Beverly Hills who want their nightgowns gift wrapped just so they can go home and open it up themselves.

March 22, 2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger Jess Riley said...

Burt's Bees...ah yes, Mr. Burt and company make lovely products.

And What Not to Wear is always entertaining. I love Clinton. But I can't figure out if he's gay or not.

March 22, 2006 4:15 PM  
Blogger Sharon L. Holland said...

Bless you, Schietto Sister, for having the gall to correct our improper use. I will correct mine immediately.

I once made it through an entire work day before I realized that I had zit cream all over my face and no one told me. So please correct as needed.

March 22, 2006 9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am posting mine at my site as well. Have a great weekend!

~Carrie

March 24, 2006 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home