Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

People Are Asshats

I'm exhausted. I just got home from working a wedding. 10 hours yesterday; only 7 today. I also have a 15-page paper due tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. that is not quite finished (and only barely started for that matter) but I just have to say this:

When your day begins with touching up your makeup in the public restroom of a very posh hotel and then your makeup application is interrupted by a complete stranger crashing into the bathroom, running over to the sink next to you and then vomiting violently into it, you can take it in one of two ways:

Way one: Really, your day can only go up from here, or:

Way two: It is a bad omen - a harbinger of really, really bad things to come.

In my case, it was way #2.

Stay tuned.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. T said...

That. Is so fucking gross. What's with the puking in the sink, anyway? Hello? Trashcan? Toilet?
You poor thing, I'm sorry it wasn't Way #1.

July 02, 2006 10:18 PM  
Blogger Liberal Banana said...

Sorry, but I just couldn't make it all the way to the john. Sometimes when you gotta puke, you gotta puke.

Just kidding, of course. That couldn't have been me because when I puke, it's delicately - like a flower.

July 03, 2006 11:47 AM  
Blogger Art Nerd Lauren said...

ew-wah! I can't wait to hear the rest of this story...

July 03, 2006 12:03 PM  
Blogger Paul Crawford said...

That's actually pretty awesome. I would have taken that as a good omen - the start of an interesting and exciting day.

Also, you get bonus points for using the term Asshat.

July 03, 2006 5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how awful. Sadly, I'm also interested in hearing "the rest of the story".

July 04, 2006 9:56 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Oh no! Hope things have improved since the public pukefest.

July 04, 2006 10:32 AM  
Blogger Jess Riley said...

Is it wrong that I laughed at this! How gross and awful! Hope things are going better by now. :)

July 05, 2006 5:17 PM  
Blogger Art Nerd Lauren said...

huh, I even mentally added the drama of it being a male puker. Am I the only one?

Ah, well, I definitely would have read it as an omen- I'm a sympathy puker, and puking is not high on my list of daily to-dos. yuck!

July 05, 2006 7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't *wait* to hear about the rest of the day! Is that sick or what?

July 06, 2006 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home