Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A Real-Life Fairy Tale - Well, for the Most Part

Once upon a time, there was a Teacher Lady who went to buy some beer.

She got carded. And then she died because her head exploded with the joy of being mistaken for someone under the age of 27.

And she lived happily ever after in heaven, even while the people at the grocery store were still scraping bits of her head off the ceiling (not really a fairy tale if there's not just a touch of gore, you know?).

The End.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Sharon L. Holland said...

What a delicious moment. How I would savor it. The last time it happened to me, it was because the cashier was very old. And possibly a little drunk.

October 03, 2006 10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-applauds-

Always a good sign !!

October 04, 2006 6:37 AM  
Blogger Shawnee said...

I still remember with some fondness the last time I was carded, 2 years ago. I was 32. Oh, the joy!

Actually, the last time I was carded was by some little tartlet at the grocery store. Immediately after asking for my ID (really?? Woo hoo!), she said, "I know you're old enough, but we have to ask." Hate her.

October 04, 2006 11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I still get carded because I tip when they do. And you don't usually get a lot of tips as a convenience store cashier.

October 04, 2006 2:20 PM  
Blogger Mrs. T said...

Love the carding. Bask in the carding. Savor the carding.

October 04, 2006 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home