Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Stop the Presses! Teacher Lady has Nothing to Say!

Since I've returned to blogging, I realized that being a dedicated blogger actually requires me to notice things. It also requires me to think, almost all the time. And you know what? I'm not sure I have the mental capacity for that right now. So I really don't have much to say. Here is a feeble attempt to summarize things I've noticed (or tried to notice) in the past few days:

I'm getting a new cell phone! Yippee! It's about damn time because the one I have now was probably discontinued about 2 years ago. What can I say? I'm not a gadget goddess. And I'm only replacing it because the top half and bottom half are no longer connected. (I'll post a picture one of these days). Because I bought it online, FedEx was suppposed to deliver yesterday. And do you know what? They couldn't deliver it without my signature and even though I was home until 2:30 yesterday, I don't have my new phone because they came by at 2:51. Of course. Here's what I want to know: How does anybody get anything? WHO is home all day to receive a package that will show up sometime between 8:00 a.m. and never-thirty? Even "stay-at-home" moms have reason to leave the house, if only for a few blessed moments.

Friday, I received TWO letters from my bank informing me of my new pin number. I don't recall asking for one. And also? Both pin numbers are different. Yesterday, I received TWO envelopes with two different new ATM cards. I don't recall asking for those either. And no, my card is not anywhere near the month of expiration. Here's what really bugs me: Because of someone else's mistake, I will have to spend some time on the phone today navigating the ridiculously confusing automated menus, holding for a real human being and then probably being transferred all over the banking world because some service/quality/technology person somewhere was talking to his girlfriend while fiddling around with something. That's not good service, people.

The DJs this morning on practically every radio station were obsessing over WHO might be Anna Nicole's baby-daddy. Am I missing something? Surely I'm not the ONLY person in the world who really doesn't care, right?

Still with me? This has got to be more painful for you than it is for me. A few other fascinating tidbits:

For Easter we went to my in-laws. My 6-year-old nephew came marching into the house wearing an adorable little suit, complete with vest and bowtie and toting a "toy" rifle that was bigger than him. Happy Easter! Don't forget to lock and load. Oh - and I brought chocolate covered strawberries that I made myself!! I am still very proud. Something edible AND I didn't burn the house down. That's quite an accomplishment for me.

And um, and . . . oh forget it. The end. Perhaps tomorrow will be better for all of us. Sorry for the major suck-i-tude of this "entry".

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. T said...

I'm all for suckitude- I love hearing about other people's observations.
What's with the boy sized rifle for Easter? Kill the wabbit?

April 10, 2007 9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

raising my hand. i don't care who's the baby-daddy.

April 11, 2007 12:27 AM  
Blogger Kimmy753 said...

Be vewy cawful wabbit
Mmmm the strawberries sound divine. Are they hard to make? I mean does the chocolate stay on them easily? Now I'm craving them...

April 11, 2007 8:07 AM  
Blogger Shawnee said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, chocolate covered strawberries. Love.

I'm the same way about my cell. If it works & isn't falling apart, I couldn't care less how outdated it is. Call phone companies hate me. As do regular phone companies, satellite companies, banks & credit card companies, apparently, because I have spent at least one hour every day during the past month on the phone with these people and have yet to receive any vague kind of customer service whatsoever. Which reminds me, I have to go call my old phone company to see why they are still sending me current bills when my service was cancelled a month ago. Sigh.

April 11, 2007 10:36 AM  
Blogger Fraulein N said...

I don't care who the baby-daddy is, either. And I have anything I order delivered to me at work. It's the only way I can be sure of getting it.

April 11, 2007 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home