Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ask and You Shall Receive!




Magpie asked if we now had no bathroom floor and no kitchen ceiling. That was the case. However, like a loser, I forgot the camera the day Mr. J. decided that "everything must go" - this is just a preview. Remember how I said I didn't want the 70-year-old floor and I did want a new bathtub? And Mr. J. said "HAIL no!" and I ignored him because I knew I'd get my way anyway? This picture is the very beginning stages. Look at the patch of light below the bathtub. That, my friends, is the kitchen window. You can also see a teeny patch of light green - that is my dining room wall. And of course, the ubiquitous f---ing construction trash bin. I hate you, construction trash bin! (Long story.)


Mr. J. and his father are re-doing the plumbing. Hence, they had to follow the plumbing to see where it went.


Actually, that's a lie. I have no idea what the hell they are doing at any given moment. I'm kind of along for the ride at this point. Other than clean-up crew, I'm not involved until it's time to spend money - picking the new stuff - woo-hoo! Anyway. Mr. J. had planned on somehow "replacing" this portion of the floor because the whole Don't Break the Ice thing was just too messy and opened up the "to replace or not to replace" bathtub conundrum. Then I came over the next day after a "We could use your help" phone call to find the bathroom floor gone-zers. And I didn't bring my camera!!!!!! Dammit! But here is a photo of the old tub. I took this picture standing in my kitchen. Doesn't it bring tears to your eyes? I showed this picture to a dear friend and she said, "This is the stuff of my worst nightmares. Truly.



Then we have a few more photos for your viewing enjoyment, now that I may have figured this photo thing out, thanks to your help! Well, sort of. See what happens when you don't blog for two months?



Behold, our bathroom in its pristine true "before" stage. In our house, "before" means "Before Mr. J. sees it." If you are old, and you live in Mr. J.'s house, beware. Your days are numbered! Hmm . . . I really hope that does not apply to humans, because then I'm completely screwed, and not in the good way. But I digress.






What I called "Bathroom after" before the tub and floor were removed. How silly of me. How could I think this was an "after"? Note back of Mr. J.'s head. Cute, yes?



And now, our NEW bathroom. The End. Kind of.



Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. T said...

Looks like home!

March 20, 2007 8:33 PM  
Blogger Magpie said...

Well then, thanks for answering my question! It's going to be splendid!

March 22, 2007 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sad thing is your before pictures look 100 times better than my bathroom's "before". We actually have four handles to turn on water in our bathtub. Two for the spigot to fill up the tub, two more above those to turn on the shower.

March 27, 2007 6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home