Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Excuse Me, but I Think I Deserve a Promotion

This is our current kitchen floor. It is primed. We are not supposed to walk on the "white parts." My request to install a wire and harness, so we can hoist ourselves throughout the house without stepping on the "white parts" has been denied. I need a promotion if I'm going to get this project request through.

Except I don't want to know what the next "level" is - after girlfriend, you get "promoted" to fiancee. After fiancee, you get "promoted" to wife. But what's next after wife? It's kind of a dead-end gig, if you ask me.

I'm not that bitter, but I sure would like this &^%$#@ project to be over! (Oh, and just so you don't feel too much pity, the new floor is SUPPOSED to be installed tomorrow. But we'll see.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Antique Mommy said...

I do this kind of thing, so I'll let you in on a little trade secret. There is time that the rest of the world goes by and then there is remodel/building time in which you add three months and $10,000 and a bottle of Aleve for good measure. Or Dewars. Either one.

April 27, 2006 7:28 PM  
Blogger Teacher lady said...

How about both together? Or is that dangerous?

April 27, 2006 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home