Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Just a little scared

I received this e-mail from one of my new students yesterday:

Hi ms Teacher, this is Joey Blow from your 12:30 class.
i am really in hopes that this class will be very enlightening
as to our physical nature. i have a little brother that is getting
married soon, and this is my last semester here and i really
really want to have one last class with him before i leave here.
i know it is pretty full , but i was hoping you would have the grace to
give him permission to get in.
maybe some people dropped the class?
i am hoping to bring him tomorrow, is that OK?
his name is Moe. this would mean a lot to me.
thanx.
Joey.


* ~sieze the day} "be as a child" : free.-jesus

I am not scared about the last little e-mail tag. Okay - I'm scared, but I'm MORE scared about the "very enlightening as to our physical nature" comment. I was too afraid to e-mail the student back and ask what he meant, but . . . does he think there will be, um, demos of our "physical nature"? Let me be perfectly clear: No one gets naked in my class. The concept of "group work" would take on a whole different meaning, and I would be fired. And maybe arrested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home