Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Never Been One to Waste a Perfectly Good Deadline!

Have you heard about NaBloPoMo?

Apparently, November is National Blog Posting Month and to participate, you're supposed to post. every. freakin'. day.

The good news is, I think that rage goes really well with the November color palate, so I think I'm set. Just in case I lose steam at the end of the month, I thought I'd jot down some potential topics that have been floating around in my head - irritating me like so many gnats! I know you'll be waiting with bated breath:
  • Drivers and their damn driving. Would it kill you to NOT be in the fast lane if you don't enjoy going the speed limit?
  • Today, finally lost it and asked student the obnoxious TL question: Do you think you're invisible!??! I can see you, you know.
  • Why I'm probably quitting school and going back to the rat race. (Hint: Might. just. lose. mind. FOR GOOD!!!!)
  • How students can now post photos of their instructors on RateMyProfessors.com (Hail NO I'm not gonna link to it!!)
  • Why my dog has suddenly started scooping up a mouthful of food then wandering into whatever room I happen to be in, opening her mouth, depositing a surprisingly large amount of kibble food-type bits and then chomping on them loudly, one at a time. This is a recent development. I don't understand it, and honestly? It creeps me out when she opens her mouth to let the food out. One of these days, it's going to be vomit - I just know it.
  • Entries in the "How I Met My Husband" series - now I guess it will have to be the "How I Dated My Husband" series.
  • The kick-ass blow-out I'm planning for Mr. J.'s birthday this month. (That is a complete and total lie. I could not have told you more of a lie if I told you I was once the first runner up in the Miss Kansas Corn Pageant contest. You will see why once I start up with the "How I Dated My Husband" series.)
  • More fascinating reflections on The Girls Next Door.
  • And, um, you know I know I had all these ideas - like, just today! Um, a blog entry called, "Why My Cuticles are Raggedy and Why You Should Know About It"?

All right, clearly I have some work to do as far as drumming up ideas, but considering how weird things constantly happen to me, I imagine all I will have to do is leave the house on a daily basis.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Alyndabear said...

Nice to know one of my favourite bloggers will be posting every day.

Hoorah for NaBloPoMo!

November 02, 2006 2:18 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I vote for the next installment of "How I Dated My Husband" since I am STILL on the edge of my seat for more the blind date to continue.

And since you can't very well post about your job until you find out who is hot on your trail, you might as well post details about your personal life for the world to read.

November 02, 2006 3:11 AM  
Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

Drivers - my "favorite" are the people who, on twisty back roads, are timid extra slow most of the time, on the curves, but get brave on the straight stretches and speed up on the only places you might have a chance to pass.

Andrew
To Love, Honor and Dismay

November 02, 2006 6:02 AM  
Blogger :D said...

When I first got my dog from a shelter he would not eat unless I was in the room with him. Then it progressed to him running into the kitchen to grab a mouthful of food and then run back to whatever room I was in to eat there while he watched me. I think it probably has to do with the fact that you just moved and perhaps she is a little unsettled by it and is comforted by your presence. She will calm down once she settles into the new place.

November 02, 2006 7:46 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

My dog does the exact same thing! She takes her food out of the bowl in the kitchen and drops it 6" to the left onto the family room carpet and then eats it.

I vote for the How I dated my husband series as well. I'm hooked!

November 02, 2006 9:57 AM  
Blogger Mrs. T said...

Oh, there are sooo many grosser things a dog can do.
Glad you're doing the NaBloPoMo! Me too! I've been mentally tallying all sorts of things to blog about. Stay tuned......
I am definitely going to try your muffin recipe- I esp. like the visual of cup of coffee and Macy's parade. Is there anything better?

November 02, 2006 10:02 PM  
Blogger Teacher lady said...

Mrs. T., I will definitely try to be a more frequent visitor - I do enjoy your blog so.

And I don't think there is anything better than a cup of hot coffee, one of "my" muffins and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. They call it the most wonderful time of the year for a reason!

November 02, 2006 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home