Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Housing Update



Let me begin by apologizing for the picture situation. I was quite happy to do the drag and drop that a wonderful reader told me about, but now the pictures don't seem to be the least bit interested in being dragged and they do seem to be interested in only living at the top of my post, regardless of where I have my cursor. Bah! Stupid technology that I am too lazy to learn!

Anyway, let's work from the bottom up, shall we? No, it isn't a prison! It's the only functioning toilet in the basement of my "new" 70-year-old house.

The lovely Mrs. T. has asked about our current living situation.

She is correct - we did buy a 70 year-old home in December and we are renovating it. Praise be to Jeebus we are NOT living there. Not for another 5 weeks, anyway. It looks like it will be in move-in condition by then, don't you think? Yeah, me neither.

Did I mention that I took these pictures on Saturday??? Saturday. Notice the back of the house. There used to be a room there. Mr. J. had concerns that the wood underneath was rotted because the room seemed to be an addition. He was correct. Rotted. But now? The proverbial door to nowhere. Well, that's not entirely true. It's just a little high up for Minnie (or me) to be using it as an entrance or exit.


Now, if you're still with me through this ridiculous mess of a post, look at the very top picture. Notice something? Talk about a door that goes nowhere!!! See, the one thing about that little room was that it had a flat roof because it was actually a small balcony you could access from the master bedroom (off the second floor). Now that is no more. Although I guess it's probably not such a bad thing, because apparently during February someone managed to scamper up there and tried to break in (broke the door handle) which is what (I guess) you get for leaving a house empty for an extended period of time, but sheesh! Do your homework all thieves, robbers, cat burglars and ne'er-do-wells: That wadn't nuthin' in there to steal.


I promise to keep you posted on renovations over the next five weeks. Mr. J. assures me that there WILL be functioning shower by the time we move in. We finally got hot water on Saturday as well, so that's exciting. I like showers and I like hot water and I like toilets that flush. I guess I am spoiled. I do so love the modern conveniences.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Shawnee said...

Oh. Oh, dear. I've mentioned that I have an extra bedroom, as well as a suite on the third floor, right? I also have lots of wine. Lots. Anytime you want to come for a visit . . . I may even have the third floor finished in 5 weeks. Maybe.

April 24, 2007 10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have vowed to never again do that extensive of renovations, no matter how big a deal the house is. I know your pain.

Now, for the photos. When you are posting, click the tab to get from compose mode to html mode. All the pictures will be at the top of the post, but if you highlight, right click and select cut, then go to where you want them, right click and select paste, they will go there. Tada!

Yeah, not as easy as drag and drop, but drag and drop doesn't work. Not that I've found, anyway.

Once you have your pictures positioned, go back to compose mode and they'll be perfect.

Or, you could cut and post the text, whichever you prefer...six of one, half dozen of the other. *holding hands out next to me and balancing imaginary scales*

April 24, 2007 1:45 PM  
Blogger flossie said...

Ha! I'm totally buying some of those "You're an Urban Asshole" cards for my husband, who is always grumbling about the infractions of our fellow inhabitants of College Town. Problem is, he might actually distribute them and risk being punched in the face...

April 26, 2007 9:37 PM  
Blogger flossie said...

Whoops, I meant that comment to go with your previous post. This is what happens when I try to talk to my mom on the phone while navigating the Interwebs.

April 27, 2007 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home