Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Reasons why this post will suck

Uh, one: I should not be blogging.

I just spent the last 5 minutes trying to figure out what day it is. "It's Wednesday. No, not quite. Is it Monday? Maybe. Could be. Wait . . . Yes, it's TUESDAY."

Who doesn't know what day it is . . . for FIVE minutes!? Although, when I was pondering that particular question of the day, I was amazingly calm.

Okay, next reason: I attended a conference today. I drank:
  1. 3 cups of coffee

  2. 1 giant Diet Mountain Dew (which I've never had before, but they had already run out of Diet Pepsi)

  3. Another giant cup of coffee, and . . .

  4. No water.

I am thirsty and dehydrated to distraction (and probably more than a little wired up) and although I've sucked down almost an entire pitcher of Brita water, I am still having trouble removing my tongue from the roof of my mouth. Fascinating, yes?

And perhaps because of the conference and/or the dehydration situation, that's about all I got. Told ya - this post sucks. I'm trying to be okay with that because not even two years ago, I (vaguely) remember posting about some book title like No One Cares What You Had for Lunch - How to Write Fascinating Blog Entries - and I ripped on people who would need a book like that. I think I may have made comments in the realm of, "I ALWAYS have something to say. Who is SO boring that they have to blog about what they had for lunch? PLEASE. I could post 100 times a day about all kinds of fascinating, compelling issues and look at me go with my snarky bloggy self."

And now . . . well, witness the carnage. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. I'm not even interesting enough to tell you what I had for lunch (It was a chicken salad sandwich on ciabatta bread, if you're wondering) - I've stooped so low that I'm discussing beverages!!!!! Oh, the humanity!

Oh - and my eyes are crossing and I'm not even doing the most basic proof-reading which would have made my head spin not so long ago and now . . . eh. Not so much.

Now I will attempt to distract you with a picture of Minnie . . . in a dress. (This was NOT my idea, nor was this dress purchased by myself or Mr. J. In fact, Minnie was photographed wearing this dress because Mr. J. LOST A BET AT WORK. I think someone should call the ASPCA.)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. T said...

Your liquid consumption made me feel ill vicariously. Hope you are well hydrated by now.
That picture of Minnie made me laugh out loud. I actually reminds me of my friend's sassy daughter when she puts on her princess dress. How cute is she???

September 09, 2008 11:44 PM  
Blogger The Creeper said...

It could have been worse. Mr. J could have been the one wearing the dress. LOL!

I have a conference next week... a three-dayer. I can already feel it starting to suck the lifeblood out of me.

September 10, 2008 6:55 AM  
Blogger Liberal Banana said...

My friend Betty puts dresses on her tiny dog and I told her that the dog is going to pee in her shoes to get her back for that...

Minnie is a lot smaller than I thought she was! I was thinking like 20 pounds, but she looks more like 6 pounds!

I know how you feel about the "having nothing to blog about" thing though. It's tough when you jump back into it. But as each week passes, a few more ideas pop into my head and I realize that there's more stuff out there to comment on than I thought there was! It'll come back to you, just give it time.

September 10, 2008 7:06 AM  
Blogger Fraulein N said...

Hee. This was worth it for the picture alone.

September 17, 2008 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home