Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Seriously.

Tonight I saw a commercial for a drug I had never heard of: Avodart. It showed a graying couple, smiling into the camera, and the tagline was: Avodart: For your growing problem.

Now, I figured I needed to look up this drug - I had a hunch it had something to do with erectile dysfunction, and lemme tell ya: The students? They always know about the drugs long before I do.

So, I did a little research. Check out the Avodart website and then please come back!

Seriously. Somebody with a degree in advertising did not put that picture on a website for a drug for the "growing problem" of enlarged prostate. Even that tagline is ridiculous - that's something a bunch of frat guys would write for a fake ad about prostate enlargement (and trust me, I have the career experience to back up that statement.) That guy looks like his prostate is growing while someone is taking the picture and he looks like he likes it!! Sort of, "Hmm . . . what's that sensation? It's burning, it's uncomfortable and yet, somehow, it's nice!"

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. T said...

Please check out the Sweet Juniper blog- Monday's post. Then click on the link that has pictures of the Bay to Breakers run. My eyes are still burning......
Love the tagline "for your growning problem......."

May 23, 2006 9:31 PM  
Blogger Antique Mommy said...

He does kinda look like he just sat on something. Or somebody.

May 23, 2006 9:44 PM  
Blogger Liberal Banana said...

You're right - it looks like he just got poked in the heiney and is rather enjoying himself!

I saw the ad for the sleeping aid Lunesta last night. At the end when it listed the possible side effects, it said it may cause drowsiness. I was sitting there by myself with a glass of wine and said out loud, "Oh really? The sleeping medication will make me drowsy?? No fucking way."

Did you catch the HILARIOUS post Jess Riley did on Ambien a while back? Check it out here.

May 24, 2006 7:11 AM  
Blogger Fraulein N said...

He does look a little too pleased. Maybe because he finally got his drugs?

May 24, 2006 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home