Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Friday, November 17, 2006

And I Thought I Had Problems

While driving to school this morning, I had the opportunity to hear this priceless exchange between a DJ and a caller:

Female caller: Hi, can you play "Ain't No Other Man" by Christina Aguilera?
DJ: Sure, and is that going out to anyone special?
FC: Yeah, my boyfriend Ted.
DJ: And where is Ted this morning?
FC: Jail.
DJ: Silence.
FC: So, if you could play it really soon, because I think they're only allowed to listen to the radio from 8:00 - 10:00 a.m.
DJ: S-s-sure. This is going out to Ted. In jail.
FC: Awesome! Thanks so much.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is so hilarious! and sad.

November 17, 2006 1:26 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

To be fair: Ted could be in prison for non-violent protest or something...

It's possible....

Really...

November 17, 2006 1:49 PM  
Blogger Silliyak said...

I enjoy those moments when I am reminded what a great life I have.

November 17, 2006 5:34 PM  
Blogger ProfessorDog said...

It's a sweet thought, but can you imagine what the other guys in jail are going to say?

November 17, 2006 7:23 PM  
Blogger Fraulein N said...

So. Freaking. Awesome.

And romantic. Very, very romantic.

November 20, 2006 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home