Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Like This Needs to Be Said:

I am thankful that (surprise! For once!) the American people have said not just "no", but "hell no" to OJ Simpson's book. And no, I'm not going to link to any online articles about it.

I am often frustrated with Americans. I feel like we typically put the em-PHASS-is on the wrong syl-LAB-ble. We've got all kinds of problems and yet, from listening to or watching any kind of media, you'd think the only thing happening in the whole entire world was "Tom-Kat's wedding." Gag. Who wants to start a betting pool on number of months they'll be married? But I digress.

For once, I am proud of the American people. Or proud of someone remotely related to someone in America somewhere. Because a book called "If I Did It, Here's How" or something equally ludicrous is just about the cheapest shot I've ever seen a publisher take. And according to a book I'm reading, Judith Regan in considered both the "most feared and most powerful woman in publishing." And somebody has finally shut her down.

I don't know much about the publishing industry, and I don't even know exactly who said, "This is really inappropriate and in extremely poor taste," but I would like to buy him or her a drink. Or several.

And also, I'm sorry this post sucks. Too much turkey and too much red wine makes Teacher Lady a really crappy blogger. Plus, just in case I needed another excuse, NaBloPoMo is really starting to fry all my synapses.

Hope you all had a save and healthy Thanksgiving.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

me too. i still can't believe that for even one minute someone thought that it was a good idea.

November 24, 2006 12:00 PM  
Blogger Silliyak said...

I worry that Bill O'Rielly and I agree on something FOR ONCE.

November 25, 2006 3:25 PM  
Blogger Teacher lady said...

Silliyak, let's just consider it a complete and total fluke. A once in a lifetime freakish nightmare.

November 25, 2006 3:42 PM  
Blogger Erika said...

Very well said. I am still in shock, and so proud, that we, as a country, said "NO! THIS CROSSES THE LINE!" I think it's because we knew we wouldn't be able to help ourselves it it aired/published.

November 27, 2006 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home