Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A Very Good Day

Two things happened today that qualify this as "a very good day."

1.) The Good Grammar Costs Nothing t-shirt is back in stock at Glarkware.com. Hooray!

2.) Balloon, um, animals seem to be a recent recurring theme in my life. We rented The Wedding Crashers and my favorite part of the whole stupid movie was when Vince Vaughn's character made a giant bicycle out of balloons. Then, the very next night, my husband and I ran into one of his childhood friends. She has turned in her scissors and given up the life of a hairstylist to become a balloon . . . stylist? She makes balloon animals at kids' birthday parties and gets paid $80 an hour to do this. The very next morning I said to my advisor "*&^%$@! school. I'm going to make balloon animals for $80 an hour!" She advised me against this and reminded me that I am a.) too cynical, b.) too impatient, and c.) the kind of person who would probably have all the kids in tears within 5 minutes. Ah, yes. A bit problematic. But then, today - I was perusing the Jesus of the Week website when I came upon the ultimate in balloon art! I think it is the most beautiful and inspiring thing I have ever seen, and am seriously reconsidering my career choices. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home