Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Well there you have it!

From the article "How to Get a Book Deal from Your Blog":

"People who love to obsess over things are natural bloggers. Not just because they will blog every day and sometimes multiple times per day, but also because they like to tweak, change, edit, redesign, add, remove, and fiddle around with their archives, profile, settings, template, etc. So if you are strange, and you have things to tell people about, or even if you don't, now's a good time to start a blog. "

I'm strange and I love to obsess over things. If that doesn't explain it, well, then I guess that doesn't explain it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Art Nerd Lauren said...

If your blog is published, can you add that to your CV, ya think?

January 28, 2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger Teacher lady said...

My husband tells me every day "People get fired for blogs!" I am clearly thick-headed because I worry every day about my "real identity" being revealed and then, NO jobs in higher education for me. My blog doesn't exactly come across as "student friendly" and I doubt I'm in the running for Teacher of the Year. I think I'm going to stick with putting, well, nothing really, on my CV. Lauren are you published yet? I am not. Sigh.

January 29, 2006 10:09 AM  
Blogger Art Nerd Lauren said...

Nope, I'm not published yet either, sob! I am trying so freakin hard, I have this one paper that I really love. Also, there's the possibility that I could have an article on the artist that my Master's thesis is on in Woman's Art Journal. But that is if I ever finish it. I mean, I will finish it. Because being done with PhD coursework without my Masters would be, well, ridiculous!

January 29, 2006 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home