Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

As It Turns Out . . .



You can shop yourself a little happy!

I have been in an absolutely stinkin'-foul mood the past two weeks, for reasons I won't go into at the moment. But I'll give you a hint: Have I mentioned how much I hate moving? Because I hate it with the "red-hot heat of a thousand suns." And have I mentioned how many times I've moved since 2002? Three. That's right, three. Grrr . . .

In an effort to feel better, rather than eating or drinking myself into a zen-like state, I decided to accomplish a zen-like state via shopping. And you know what? I think it worked. Check out my new patent leather red pumps. Is there anything more appropriate for a sex educator to wear on the first day of class? I think not.

Savior, thy name is Nordstrom.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Art Nerd Lauren said...

Ooooh, sexy! Very nice, and a more appropriate shoe I have not seen!

August 09, 2006 2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOT DAMN. Those shoes should get the semester off to a great start!

August 09, 2006 3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He He! Here in the UK 'pumps' mean nasty elasicated gym-shoes, the poor relation of the trainer. Made me chuckle!

August 09, 2006 4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are absolutely hot and would look fabulous with a little black dress. I love them!

August 09, 2006 4:04 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Those are SEXY!

August 09, 2006 5:44 PM  
Blogger Mrs. T said...

Those are some wicked, wicked pumps. All hail, Nordstrom!

August 10, 2006 12:07 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

I absolutely love red shoes, and those are the sexiest red shoes ever. This is the perfect shoe for a sex educator to wear.

Do you think that they would work for a 7th grade science educator?

August 10, 2006 6:59 AM  
Blogger Teacher lady said...

MJD, why not? Science could use a little sex appeal, I think. Go for it! They're Steve Madden and you can find them on his website!

August 10, 2006 8:29 AM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Go sex ed teacher! Those wee young boys might not be able to pay attention properly though.

August 10, 2006 8:41 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

I liked teachers who I couldn't pay attention to properly.

August 10, 2006 9:10 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Seriously smokin' shoes, teach! I feel your pain about moving - I've lived in 4 states in 5 years. All due to my husband's job so it's not like I had any say in the matter...grr

August 10, 2006 12:24 PM  
Blogger Liberal Banana said...

Yeah, I'm with "oh, the Joys" - the boys in class won't be able to pay attention with you wearing sexy heels like that! HOTT with two T's! I love shop-therapy. I was at the mall earlier today (though not to buy things for myself, sigh) and I just had double fudge brownie ice cream for lunch. Maybe I should've bought something while I was at the mall instead??

August 10, 2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger Glamorous Redneck said...

Those shoes ROCK! I'd probably break my ankle trying to walk in them, but I'd look damn sexy doing it! lol

Retail therapy is the best there is!

August 10, 2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger Kevin Charnas said...

Your poor students...they're all going to need cigarettes after class.
As a matter of fact, I think I need one as well and I don't even smoke...thanks a lot.

woof. woof. meow.

August 10, 2006 5:10 PM  
Blogger Fraulein N said...

Wow. These'll make 'em pay attention.

August 11, 2006 4:19 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Did you say moving? Away from your new kitchen? Did I miss something?....

August 13, 2006 12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home