Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Beauty School Drop-Out

Remember that great song from Grease? Well, that's not me, but close. I'm in danger of becoming a NaBloPoMo dropout. I literally got home 10 minutes ago after a heinously long day.

This is the best I can crank out in 20 minutes on no food since noon:

Go VOTE tomorrow!

If you're not sure why you should vote, ESPECIALLY if you're a woman, go rent Iron-Jawed Angels, the HBO special with Hillary Swank (Why does that look funny? Is she a one "l" Hilary?) right this minute.

Okay, you can wait until your local Blockbuster reopens. But go rent it. Then we'll talk amongst ourselves. I'll give you a topic: Patrick Dempsey looks better in Iron-Jawed Angels than he ever has as Dr. McDreamy. Discuss.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate C. said...

I showed my students Iron Jawed Angels this sememster and the response amazed me. They were hooting and hollering at the screen, so excited about the story (which of course they had learned nothing about in high school.) And best of all, many of them are now obsessed with voting!

November 07, 2006 8:09 AM  
Blogger EriKa said...

PATRICK DEMPSEY IS IN IRON JAWED ANGELS??!?!??! WHY DIDN'T I KNOW THIS???

November 07, 2006 8:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh you can't quit now.

Not after offering up that little Patrick Dempsey jewel!

November 07, 2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger Mrs. T said...

I'm adding "Iron-Jawed Angels" to my Netflix queue right now.

Don't drop out! It's quantity we're looking for here, not quality!

November 07, 2006 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home