As It Turns Out . . .
I never intended to abandon my blog, suddenly and without warning. But stuff just happened.
- I started my fancy-schmancy job.
- We moved.
- Did I mention we moved into our 70-year-old house that was still partially gutted and had. no. air conditioning!?!?!?!?
- And also? My computer is now in the "upstairs office." When you come upstairs after a long day in a refrigeration unit masquerading as a cubicle and see on the office digital thermometer the current temperature is 96 degrees, blogging does not appeal. Nothing does.
- I joined NutriSystem. I hate it, but I lost 8 pounds. (Whoopee! My trainer told me I need to lose 16.)
- Oh. I joined a gym and hired a trainer. I hate him. I think the feeling is mutual.
- I have purchased several pairs of Steve Madden shoes with my fancy-scmancy new paycheck. You know what? Steve Madden shoes don't really fit my giant, flat Fred Flintstone feet all that well.
- You know what else? When you have to keep a large box of Band-Aids in your desk at work, your new co-workers think you're an idiot for wearing gorgeous shoes that have the capacity to turn your feet into bloody stumps.
- I got subscriptions to intellectually questionable magazines like People, Oprah and Real Living. (Are you sensing a theme here with the crazy-mad-spending? I gotta tell you, after 3 years of living on a teaching fellow's salary when I got my first "real" paycheck, I felt like a woman who had been wandering in the desert for 40 years and then, um, wandered out of the desert? Okay, bad analogy, but I'm rusty people!)
- I got my first speeding ticket in 7 years. When I called Mr. J. in tears, he said, "It's okay. It's been a long time since you've gotten a speeding ticket." Yes, it was. I hadn't gotten one since I met him. I sniffled, feeling a bit better. "When was the last time you've gotten one?" I asked, hoping for more sympathy and commiseration. "I've never gotten one because I don't speed." I hung up on him.
SO much more excitement around here, but what I've discovered is this:
The last year+, my blog has been largely driven by rage at my students. No rage? No blog? But I'm trying to be a better human being and I'm now going to attempt to blog without the rage. We shall see.
If you're still reading after 3 months of silence, all I can say is that you're a better human being than I am. I apologize for abandoning my readers and I will do my best to make it up to you.
Here's to better days!! (Oh - and the grammar is rusty, too. Be kind!)
Labels: Back to Business