Just Some Stuff I've Noticed
- A bowling alley has an electronic sign with scrolling messages. One of the messages is: "Mmmm . . . Dippin' Dots! $3.00" What in the hell are Dippin' Dots? Wait. Don't tell me.
- The university fitness center has a wonderful selection of classes this summer. The description of one of the yoga classes reads: "Everyone has heard of the Yoga Butt. Now, with this class you can have one!" Nope, everyone has not heard of a Yoga Butt. Thanks a lot, people! I'm all alone here. In the dark. Not knowing enough to want a Yoga Butt.
- Sign outside fast food restaurant: "We have cheese curds!" Personally, I don't think that's anything to be proud of.
In the media:
- I read a quote in a magazine from Jenny McCarthy's new book (hell, no, I'm not going to link to it!) that went something like this: "Most women slide easily into a life of scrubbing toilets, cooking, cleaning, domestic stuff. Not me. I had to be dragged into it kicking and screaming." I used to like Jenny McCarthy. I used to think she was cute and funny. And now? Oh, somebody is impressed with herself. And somebody doesn't think much of "most women." Most women slide easily into a life of scrubbing toilets. But Ms. McCarthy? Oh, no. She struggled with that because she is just too special. But the rest of us non-Playmates of the Year? We love that shit. No pun intended.
- On a rerun of the BRAVO show Blowout, Jonathan Antin's sister Robin had an audition for a new Pussycat Doll. I guess the tagline for the "Dolls" is, "Inside every woman is a Pussycat Doll." Really? So that's what that is. I just thought it was gas. And now I know why my favorite jeans are tight - there are TWO of me trying to get in them. Me, and the Pussycat Doll. Diet, schmiet!
- The Sociology Department offers a course called, "Social Problems." When a student has a scheduling conflict I love to say, "You can't take math then; it looks like you have social problems." I'm so juvenile.
I can see the bullets over here in Edit post mode, but when I publish and view my blog? Nada. Can anyone please explain this? Spank you.