Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Here Comes the Bride . . . zilla!

A venue coordinator called me earlier this week to ask me if I could take over for her on this wedding. "I have a last minute family thing and I need to be there. Please help me! It's really easy," she said. "About 60 guests - ceremony at six, followed by a reception. They don't seem like the partying crowd, so I don't even think you'll be here too late." I didn't have any plans for Saturday afternoon, so I said sure - an easy way to make some cash, plus I like her a lot and wanted to help her out. Us wedding/event planning types have to stick together. Once I agreed to do it, she e-mailed me with this news, "Um, just so you know, the bride is a little nutty." Oy.

When a woman who works with brides for a living says a bride is a "little nutty" that is the equivalent of saying Kevin Federline is a bit of a gold digger. Or a little trashy. Or just a touch of a redneck.

I e-mailed her back: "Define 'nutty'." Here's all she would tell me:

She cries during planning meetings and tells her fiance she hates him.

Nutty? No, that's a Bridezilla.

So, if this happens to be my last post ever, just know that it's because I was killed by a Bridezilla. I hope I went quickly and didn't feel any pain.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Fraulein N said...

I think that's BEYOND Bridezilla behavior, actually.

June 02, 2006 2:33 PM  
Blogger drstaceyny said...

Oy is right.

BTW, I laughed out loud when reading your profile.

June 02, 2006 4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please post with an update! this could be hilarious.

you know, you have two innocent-enough sounding jobs. many people would consider them dream jobs I bet! It's great to hear the "real" side of things though :)

June 02, 2006 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home