Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Only Me

Throughout my life, various people have said, "Teacher Lady, that would only happen to you!"

Anyone else have this experience? Do people say that to you a lot? No? I didn't think so.

Get this: Remember this guy?

So I'm less than a month into my new job and my company sends out an e-mail to all 10 million of us that tells us to welcome the newest Vice President of All Things Important and Impressive. As it turns out, my boss' boss' boss' boss' boss reports to her, so she makes the rounds and eventually gets to me. I've already got her life's story because it was in the e-mail. Degrees? Many. Schools? All Ivy League. Looks younger than 30 and pregnant out to here? Clearly.

Guess who her husband is? One guess. Yes, folks, Senor El Cheap Bastard.

As they say, "Only me."

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Art Nerd said...

I wonder how that works out, her being all Ivy League, all the time, and him being Senor El Cheap Bastard.

Really, Teacher Lady, only you!

August 23, 2007 10:05 PM  
Blogger SAILOR MOON said...

Well, i do get told that very often as a matter of fact..truth is..i usually have stupid shit happen to me...i dont know why............

August 23, 2007 10:30 PM  
Blogger flossie said...

Ackkk. Maybe you can get the dirt about how she ended up with HIM.

That date-from-hell story is permanently burned into my memory.

August 23, 2007 11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO. Freaking. Way.

August 24, 2007 10:34 PM  
Blogger Mrs. T said...

THIS is hilarious. Did you tell her you dated him? I dare ya.

August 25, 2007 8:59 AM  
Blogger Teacher lady said...

I would only admit this to all my friends I've never met, but I gotta tell ya: Her ending up with him really changed my opinion of her. I don't even know her, but she decided not just to marry that guy but REPRODUCE!? Clearly, all the Ivy League degrees in the world don't buy common sense.

So Justme: Yes. Freaking. Way. Now do that for about 36 hours straight and you'll be where I was when I found out this bit of info.

Mrs.T: I hope the truth never comes out. What could I say, "Wow. Here I thought he was a complete and utter jackass and yet someone as accomplished as you married him. Interesting."

August 25, 2007 10:10 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Oh my GOD. That is unbelievable!

August 26, 2007 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home