Sex Ed in Higher Ed

College instructor teaching human sexuality rants about the dumbing down of America, the lost art of manners, grammar and (the perfect combination of both) the thank you note. Also includes random rants about life, pet peeves, and sometimes raves about favorite things.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Furby!



Here is one thing I thought I'd never do again: Buy clogs. Last night, good-husband-man took me shopping for jeans and shoes, as an anniversary present. This is indicative of his infinite patience, as I find jean shopping only slightly less humiliating than bathing suit shopping and just as frustrating. Then, after we found jeans that fit (and I wasn't too embarrassed to ask for; I mean, $178 jeans at Cache!? Even I can't justify a purchase like that. Plus, I'm not 22 and I don't live in California), we went to find new "If you just have to run out and get your husband a sandwich" shoes that would also complement my new jeans. His math/spatial awareness thing really came in handy, because I have been married to this man for almost 3 years and I never had any idea his shoe-shopping skills were so "fierce" - as Tyra Banks would say. We (or really, he) bought two pairs, both of them very clog-like in their presentation. Now here is a question and if I thought Amalah would get to my question (babies can be kind of time consuming you know), I would ask for her ass-vice: Exactly what sock does one wear with a clog? Does one wear a sock with a clog? It has been in the low 20s with an extremely brutal windchill, lately. The last time I wore clogs, I was 10, and I wore them with some stylin' white knee socks that also happened to have a sort of cable knit pattern. I don't think this is a good idea, but then I am new to the clog-renaissance, so maybe it is a good idea? What should I wear with my new clogs? (Style name: Furby.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home